Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom software update
11-03-17, 08:48 AM
RE: Axiom software update
wdbox,

Q1. The way I understand things is that once we have the version 3.3 software I will be able to attach my card reader to the USB port and download the updates without having to remove the Navionics card. This will be required for each display. Once the update is complete, I will be able to remove the card reader connection.
A1. This is not quite correct. The USB memory card reader need not be moved between displays if the MFDs have been interfaced via an Ethernet (RayNet / SeaTalkhs) network. The other MFDs within the network will be remotely updated via the MFD which has the USB memory card interfaced to it. It is typically recommended that the memory card reader be interfaced to the Data Master MFD to additionally support updating the software within SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 peripherals. Additionally, the USB memory card reader may remain permanently interfaced to a MFD.

Q2. As far as I know the Navionics card must be removed and connected to a PC for updates. I do not think that I can use the card and than copy the information to a new card in the slot of the Axiom. If so, there is really no purpose in adding a remote connection to just update software. Am I correct?
A2. At this time, the Navionics chart card must be removed from the MFD's memory card reader to permit it to be updated with Navionics Freshest data updates. Per my earlier response, should the MFD's be networked to one another via an Ethernet (RayNet / SeaTalkhs) network, then they will share all data, including cartography. Accordingly, only one Navionics chart card need be present within the system. While it may technically possible to copy files from a Navionics chart card to another microSD memory card, the Navionics data encryption schema (embedded within the software of products using Navionics cartography) will prohibit use of the cartography which has been copied to the other microSD memory card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom software update - wdbox - 11-01-17, 02:58 PM
RE: Axiom software update - wdbox - 11-02-17, 03:42 PM
RE: Axiom software update - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-03-17 08:48 AM
RE: Axiom software update - wdbox - 11-05-17, 10:45 AM
RE: Axiom software update - wdbox - 11-08-17, 10:43 AM
RE: Axiom software update - wdbox - 11-13-17, 08:17 AM
RE: Axiom software update - wdbox - 11-14-17, 10:48 AM
RE: Axiom software update - wdbox - 11-15-17, 01:48 PM