Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i50 Tridata erratic speed readings
11-27-17, 02:07 PM
RE: i50 Tridata erratic speed readings
Well. Did as you suggested. The bus at the nav station has power, the tridata, an i60 wind and the network cable going to the cockpit instruments. Disconnected the i60 wind and network cable going to the bus in the cockpit. That left only the tridata with speed and depth transducers being powered. This produced no change in the speed readings being erratic. Then disconnected the depth transducer and the speed started working. It read correctly with no erratic fluctuations. Ran the boat for about half an hour with no change. Powered the system down and reconnected the depth transducer to the tridata. It still worked correctly. Reconnected the cockpit instruments to the bus and it still worked correctly.

So at the moment it is working as it should and it appears that disconnecting and reconnecting the depth transducer fixed the issue. Which makes absolutely no sense to me but if it works...

I'm going to seatrial it again in another day or so and fingers crossed will continue to work correctly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: i50 Tridata erratic speed readings - jumby - 11-27-17 02:07 PM