Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 and Axiom 9 Networking
11-13-17, 09:22 AM
RE: Axiom 12 and Axiom 9 Networking
vacantid,

Q1. You are correct that I confused Raynet with Seatalkng (Q6). I meant to say that I used a Raymarine ST to STNG adapter as a spur on my STNG network. My Axiom 12 would not accept the ST adapter as a spur on the STNG network.

A1. The i70, i50, i60, p70, p70S, p70R, and p70RS have each been designed with communications circuitry which supports SeaTalk communications or SeaTalkng communications. However these products cannot support both communications protocols simultaneously, as would a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng data bridging device. Accordingly, the above listed devices must not be simultaneously interfaced as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone and to a SeaTalk bus or a device having a SeaTalk communications interface.

The SeaTalkng spur socket to SeaTalk Adapter Cable is designed to permit the above specified devices to replace a device within a legacy SeaTalk bus or to add the device to the SeaTalk bus. Accordingly, the SeaTalkng spur to SeaTalk Adapter cable is a simple cable, is not designed to support SeaTalk to SeaTalkng data bridging. Such data bridging requires a microprocessor, such as is found within the the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is designed to be installed as a backbone component, not as a spur.

Q2. Can I use two of the new 5 channel Ethernet switches to accommodate 8 or more channels of Ethernet data? I assume I would need to daisy chain the two switches to make this viable.
A2. Yes. As you have suggested, the Gigabit/s ports of each HS5 RayNet Network Switch would be joined using an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Axiom 12 and Axiom 9 Networking - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-13-17 09:22 AM