Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] e125 Display Issues
01-22-18, 11:16 AM
RE: [CA] e125 Display Issues
lwitty,

Q1. This is the same e125 that I have an unresolved issue with heading versus COG as described in this post (http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=3307 ) in case there is any link (please note that I had this heading vrs COG issue with the old auto pilot which was an S3 with flux gate then replaced with a new autopilot with EV1 and had the same issue - thus I'm wondering if it could be the e125 somehow impacting the seatalk messages).

A1. Depending upon the nature of the fault, anything is possible. With respect to COG vs Heading discrepancies, these values will not typically be the same unless the vessel is making good way on a steady heading and is not being subjected to leeway forces (i.e. wind or current). These values will otherwise be closer in value at planing speeds, where the wind and current vectors will be smaller in value relative to the vessel's velocity vector. Otherwise gross heading vs COG errors are typically associated with a GPS receiver which is ill positioned to gather sufficient GPS signal, a GPS receiver which is failing, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which is operating with early software, a heading sensor which has not been properly aligned, or an improper installation which is resulting in a data loop.

I would recommend waiting for the repaired MFD to be returned before pursuing any further changes to affect this behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] e125 Display Issues - lwitty - 12-22-17, 12:30 AM
RE: e125 Display Issues - lwitty - 01-21-18, 07:12 PM
RE: [CA] e125 Display Issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-18 11:16 AM
RE: [CA] e125 Display Issues - lwitty - 02-03-18, 03:40 PM