Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
02-15-18, 09:54 AM
RE: [CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
Grant,

Q1. my question, trying to ensure that the needed data from the SeaTalk side (Depth, GPS position, course/nav information for the autopilot from the C-120, etc) will make it over to the STNG side, and also as much useful and available STNG/NMEA2000 data make the translation to the SeaTalk side.
A1. These data items will indeed bridge between SeaTalk and SeaTalkng.

Q2. Re Q5, I read over the links, that was helpful. One thing I caught was that in addition to the 128MB maximum size, there was also a mention of a 32MB minimum - so perhaps, my 8MB card was just to "small" for the MFD to read. The MFD does read a Navionics chart card just fine, so I'll try another CF card and see.
A2. Noted. As indicated, should software update be unable to be achieved using your CF memory cards, then as indicate within the referenced FAQ, it is strongly recommended that Radar Marine be contacted to order a CF memory card which has populated with the final software update files for a C-Series Classic MFD.

Q3. If I encounter other questions/issues during this install, can or should I append to this post, or would you prefer I create new posts in specific forums (Autopilot, AIS, MFD's, etc.)?
A3. Should further questions arise concerning how to interface the equipment, then they should be appended to this thread. Should other issues concerning the performance or operation of one of the specified devices, then a new thread(s) should be created accordingly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-15-18 09:54 AM