Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
02-15-18, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 02:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
OK many thanks. You made reference to obtaining a CF card from Radar Marine (locally for me, actually) to obtain a card with the "final software update files for a C-Series Classic MFD."
Q0: Should I take this to mean that there will be no future updates for this series of MFD?
I'm now struggling with GPS issues - and getting 0183 data @4800 baud to (2) VHF radios. I thought I had this covered, but maybe not. The documentation on the boat was for a RS120 - it now appears (photos attached) that this has been upgraded to a RS125. It's definitely not an RS130, as there is no STNG connector. So far I have not been able to find the splice from the cable attached to the GPS (white), and the other end which terminates at a D244 3-way SeaTalk block. It's buried somewhere.
Q1: Based on the Statistics data pages (attached), it appears that the GPS is currently providing inputs via SeaTalk, and the MFD is providing outputs (to the VHF) via 0183 - would you agree?
Q2: Did the RS125 receiver output BOTH 0183 AND SeaTalk sentences simultaneously? The manual shows wiring connection options for both, but it's unclear if there were two different versions of RS125 (like the RS120), or that it just outputs two different formats simultaneously.
Q3 - If yes to above, is it possible to "split" the data output of the RS125 at a junction box, with one feed to the VHF radios (0183), and the other feed to the SeaTalk connectors on the (2) C-120's?
Q3(a) If Yes to above - could you provide a suggested wiring diagram for the split?
Q4 - If no to the split - any other ideas on how to get GPS data to the VHF's? I have to configure the single 0183 Port on the MFD's to 38,400 for the AIS in, so I can't use a 38,400 output for the VHF. I'm running out of ideas (other than introducing multiple N2K-0183 gateways for each VHF, or some other unwieldy Rube Goldberg setup)...

Many thanks as always,

Attached File(s)
.jpg  GPS1.jpg (Size: 47.18 KB / Downloads: 400)
.jpg  GPS2.jpg (Size: 40.54 KB / Downloads: 352)
.jpg  Seatalk_Stats.jpg (Size: 162.6 KB / Downloads: 389)
.jpg  0183_Stats.jpg (Size: 142.56 KB / Downloads: 396)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk - Grantj - 02-15-18 12:31 PM