Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
02-19-18, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-18 10:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
OK Thank you again.
I will check with the owner on whether he needs/wants AIS on the bridge as well as the pilothouse. If not, then we can dedicate one of the C-120's NMEA port for the (2) VHF's as you suggested. I'd already thought of that, but if it were me I would not want to sacrifice AIS to get DSC.

Thanks for the pointer to the E70196. Looks a lot like an E22158. I'll look into adding this as an option. Is there some reason the instruction sheet/manual is not available for download? I also could find no mention of any prohibition to using two listeners with a single 0183-HS talker, including on the NMEA website. Is there a basis for this caution?

Given that the GPS has now been identified as an RS125 and not an RS120 as originally thought, and that it will require it's own dedicated R52131 convertor, I will have to redesign and upload another proposed system diagram, to include the VHF's. Coming soon...

Also - a new SanDisk 128MB CF card was purchased, and loaded in both C-120's for firmware update - they both ignored it and booted normally multiple times. Makes me wonder how these units ever got updated before now. Anyhow Rob at Radar Marine says he can't explain it either, all he knows is his cards work. I ordered one, we'll see.

The new proposed diagram to include the following:

1) Second E22158 dedicated to Raystar RS125 GPS receiver.
2) E70196 to convert STng position data to provide 0183 position date to (2) VHF's @ 4,800.
3) R55006 Junction box, to separate and cap off red power wires from C-120 MFD outputs, and combine data/ground conductors to a single SeaTalk output to D244 3-way junction block.

Please advise any potential issues with this setup as modified. Also - please advise approximate LEN or calculation method for legacy ST devices, when adding them to the STng network using the E21158's as shown. As the C-120's will not be connected to network power, my calculation shows just the two ST-60 Depth and the RS125 GPS as loads on the network.

Thank you,

Attached File(s)
.pdf  System_Rev5_with_VHF.pdf (Size: 449.33 KB / Downloads: 396)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk - Grantj - 02-19-18 05:36 PM