Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Multi Generation Network
03-12-18, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 02:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Multi Generation Network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Q1. The TriData displays and transducers shown are not providing accurate data (Speed to slow, water temp too high, depth is fairly close), and are now redundant so I may choose to remove them completely, but for now they are still installed.
A1. While MFDs supporting LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software support Multiple Data Sources (MDS), older Raymarine equipment designs do not. Should more than one source of GPS, depth, wind, heading, speed through water, GPS datum, or Date & Time be present within the system, then the Data Sources feature must executed to specify which source will be used for any of these data items for which more than one source exists within the system.

When instrument transducers, Speed must be calibrated via the user interface of
the instrument having the transducer connected to it. Complete details for Speed calibration may be found within the intrument's owner's manual.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to correct errant instrument temperature. Should speed through water data be required and the temperature error be greater than 9.9 degrees, then the speed/temp transducer will need to be replaced, as the ST60 Tridata will not calculate speed through water unless it senses a that a temperature transducer has been interfaced to it.

As with Speed calibration, the Tridata instruments supports both waterline offset or keel offset configuration. Should one not have accounted for differences in the mounting depths of the transducers then differences in depth may well be reported. Also, the instrument depth transducers operate at 200kHz. Should the system be configured such that the P319 is also pinging at 200kHz, then the P319 may well interfere with the instrument transducer.

Q2. I may choose to remove them completely, but for now they are still installed.
A2. See my response to Q1 regarding the ramifications of not having a speed through water transducer interfaced to the Tridata instrument. Should it not be an issue to loose speed through water, then the Tridata instruments may be configured as Depth, speed, and temperature repeaters and then interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q3. Please critique the network diagram and let me know if I have something incorrect, or if there is a better way to connect things.
A3. Please note that stuffing box temperature, engine room temperature, and refrigerator temperature are not among the data items which Raymarine MFDs are designed to support.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Multi Generation Network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-12-18 02:37 PM