Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] SonarChart vs. SonarChart Live
03-28-18, 02:40 AM
RE: [CA] SonarChart vs. SonarChart Live
Thank you Chuck for an extensive and comprehensible explanation.

Unfortunately, I where not so clear in my explanation of what I want to achieve.

My understanding of terminology in order to explain my use case better:
Ch1. Navionics Nautical Charts, the charts based on national authorities issued charts and normally used for navigation.
Ch2. Navionics SonarCharts, chart information based on logs provided by the user community to Navionics with extra bathymetric contours for all areas downloaded.
Ch3. SonarCharts Live, chart information locally created and used within the MFD with the same type of bathymetric information as in Ch2 above, but of course only for the areas I have logged.

Q4. If the chart card contains all 3 types of chart data above, is it possible to only show Ch1 and Ch3? That is, is it possible to suppress Ch2 from the display?

Q5. I am aware of the transparency feature which according to my understanding controls how much of Ch1 and Ch2 is shown together with Ch3. Is this feature treating Ch1 and Ch2 together or only one of them?

Now when you hopefully understand my usage case (display Ch1 and Ch3), maybe you can review the answers to Q2 and Q3? If I can remove Ch2 from the card, then I dare to download and test myself ;-)

If the answer to Q4 is "no", then I think I need to skip downloading of Ch2 :-(

Thanks for a great support forum!

Regards, Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] SonarChart vs. SonarChart Live - Ken55 - 03-28-18 02:40 AM