Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] new mfd
05-04-18, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-18 03:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] new mfd
I'm looking for a little help, I'm trying to update some electronics. currently I have a 33 hydrasport cc. I'm running a c120 classic with a dsm300, radar,sounder,and using 1 unit for everything. I was given a chirp 470 mod, brand new. so I need to update the c120 classic as it will not be able to run chirp. my plan currently is to leave the 120 and run the radar of that unit and buy a new 12 inch unit to run chirp and nav. I'm totally lost on what unit to buy, e series, c series . any help would be great. I plan on buying a bronze 1kw ducer through hull for the chirp mod. I will at some point buy a second unit to update the c120 classic but need some time to do that. thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-18, 04:12 PM
RE: [CA] new mfd
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Amhfire,

Any model of Axiom MFD, Axiom Pro MFD, or a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD running the latest available Raymarine product software update will be compatible with a CP470. Raymarine is no longer producing a-Series MFDs, c-Series MFDs, or e-Series MFDs. These have collectively been replaced by Raymarine's Axiom MFDs and Axiom Pro MFDs. Both Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs are available with and without internal fishfinder circuitry. As you have CP470 CHIRP Sounder Module, it would not be necessary for the MFD to have internal fishfinder sounder circuitry to use the MFD with the CP470. The most notable difference between Axiom and Axiom pro MFDs is that the Axiom MFDs feature touchscreen-only interfaces while the Axiom Pro MFDs feature HybridTouch user interfaces. Please click here to view a FAQ providing more information on the latter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply