Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
05-16-18, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-18 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
Hello Russ,

Have you had a look at the relevant numerical wind values in the Axiom's Dashboard?

If these don't agree with the graphical display on the Axiom, we have an Axiom software bug which we'd need to address (a clear photo of the two side-by-side, along with the MFD's software version from the Setup page would help us report this to Engineering).

If, on the other hand (and as I think is much more likely), the Axiom's numerical value agrees with its graphical display and both disagree with the ST60 Wind (comparing True with True or Apparent with Apparent), then the problem will almost certainly be the ST60 Wind's low-level pointer motor calibration (not the standard wind-angle alignment.) This was quite common on ST60 analogue instruments, and this leads to a difference between where the pointer is pointing on the ST60 and the digital wind angle its outputting over Seatalk.
In this instance you would need to recalibrate the ST60's pointer motor, which is done via a hidden self-test process. See Self Test stage 3 of the attached document for instructions. I am confident that after this, the Axiom and ST60 will agree.

If in doubt, post photos or notes of the specific values for each of the following at one point in time, so that we can have a look:
ST60 Apparent Wind Angle (AWA)
ST60 AW Speed (AWS)
ST60 True WA (TWA)
ST60 TWS
Axiom AWA
Axiom AWS
Axiom TWA
Axiom TWS

Regards,
Tom

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ST60_Wind_selftest.pdf (Size: 38 KB / Downloads: 2016)

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-16-18 11:20 PM