Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
05-17-18, 09:57 PM
RE: [TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
Hi Russ,

Thanks, that photo was exactly what I needed to see.

I know that the ST60 *appears* to be correct: the problem is that the place where the pointer is indicating is not (almost certainly) what is being output onto Seatalk, as I described before. I have seen just this sort of problem many times over the years.

I know you're sceptical about my diagnosis at the moment, but I would suggest running through the self-test pointer alignment just to be sure. If you make pointer alignment changes here you'll need to do the standard calibration wind-angle alignment afterwards.

Alternatively, if there's anything else in the system that's capable of displaying wind data (autopilot display data-page, for example?) then you can use that as a cross-check: does this other display agree with the ST60 Wind or the Axiom?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-17-18 09:57 PM