Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
05-27-18, 08:38 PM
RE: [TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9
Hi Russ,

Was it the linearisation/calibration process from the installation manual that you went through, or from the document I sent?

Regarding the way Axiom shows wind data: as is standard, our displays show the direction the wind is coming from. In the photo you have attached previously the Axiom is receiving and displaying Apparent Wind Angles of 170deg or 167deg Port, which agrees with the graphic on the Axiom and indicates that the wind is coming from astern. Of course I know that this is not the case (I see your Windex photo), but as I say, I am pretty confident that this is what the ST60 is outputting onto the network, regardless of where its needle is...

Please: what does the p70 show for AWA, does this agree with the ST60 or the Axiom?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Wind 180 degrees off on Axiom 9 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-27-18 08:38 PM