Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] autohelm with p-70 head not accepting garmin gwind nmea 2000 data
05-29-18, 09:46 AM
RE: [CA11] autohelm with p-70 head not accepting garmin gwind nmea 2000 data
After reading everything about these connections my head is spinning. I'm trying to connect my old style 100/300 autopilot computer into my Garmin backbone network using a new p70R controller. When I connect to the Garmin N2K backbone via a Devicenet male adapter on the controller end to NMEA 2K on the backbone end, I get 12v power, depth from my new Garmin transducer, unit says "no pilot", no heading indicator, no rudder indicator, etc. When I then connect my Sealtalk1 (I eliminated the 12v power source at the course computer) "signal" via a D244 junction block and a Seatalk1 to Seatalkng adapter cable connected to the p70R, I then get heading, rudder indicator, standby, same depth, and SOG. The N2K data is coming from my chartplotter and is accurately feeding an adjacent Garmin GMI20 controller, and the Seatalk is coming from my old course computer via my old gps antenna and old depth transducer. When I attempt to determine conflicts between the two signals, I went into setup on the p70R to determine the data sources and potential conflicts, but get a "not possible" at every data source. On the output of the plotter, all data signals are "turned on" for 0183 and N2K. When I attempt to follow a waypoint or route, I get a "no data" on the P70Rs. Ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] autohelm with p-70 head not accepting garmin gwind nmea 2000 data - winktwo2 - 05-29-18 09:46 AM