Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] es127 touch screen failure
05-28-18, 09:54 AM
RE: [TG11] es127 touch screen failure
Hi Tom,

Last bit of info.

Confirmed the drain wire is well connected so that is not a problem. Ran a new wire to ground just to be certain. No difference.

Disconnected display and put it on a lab bench supply while monitoring with oscilloscope. No difference.

Realized that all my testing of the last couple days were in cool evening and overnight. As the sun came on the MFD today, it started malfunctioning soon after boot so I think all that other info is a red herring except that the malfunction seems more likely to occur the hotter it gets. MFD currently draws 1.3 amps.

Before giving up and shipping to Raymarine, I played with the display a bit more. I am still baffled why once you disable touch that it will not reenable. I have discovered (and this makes no sense to me) that if I tap a dual pane display a couple times a second on the inactive panel, it will activate approx. 15 seconds after the last malfunction, be fully responsive to multitouch input for 1 to 2 seconds then I will hear a beep and off it goes to the Configure mode I mentioned in the first post. If I return it to the dual pane (2 back presses) and start tapping again, this will repeat itself. What is fascinating is once active, it is fully responsive until the beep and ensuing screen switch. Maybe the software is disabling input for a while and once enabled, it reacts fine until whatever happens that causes the beep and screen switch.

So that is all that I can tell you. If I send it in and the techs say it works fine in an air conditioned test facility then I wouldn't be surprised. Any other thoughts?

Regards, Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] es127 touch screen failure - pwagsc - 05-28-18 09:54 AM