Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image
07-09-18, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image
That helps, thanks for those details Tom.

After reading your post, I am thinking I have experienced both issues.

I took it out again, prior to your reply, with a few changes for more testing. Sorry but none of the attachments are with the manual settings as specified. I will re-take some images next time out.

-I adjusted the xducer up 5/16". The rooster tail/spray was greatly reduced. I then had my wife captain the vessel so I could carefully peer over the transom. The rear 3/4 (farthest from transom) of the xducer was skiing on laminar water perfectly at 15-20kts--no bottom, but the radius on the front nose was still slightly splashing/plowing some water. I will be moving it up slightly once more to avoid contacting the top half of the forward face of the radius--if that makes sense haha. I am thinking this turbulence on the front end and/or hull generate bubbles for the xducer.(I assume this is due to bubbles. Attachment: bubblewashout)

-I re-ran my power supply wiring straight from the battery and re-routed the xducer cable to avoid all other cables the best it can. I only connected the ground(s)/Neg cable on the new run (no binding on vessel), and didn't connect the + direct to battery because it's currently switched on the console main power. I'm used to noise being introduced through the negative/ground in systems...do you find both sides of supply affect clarity?

-I saw an improvement on clutter/noise, but still had the monitor pause momentarily twice, display a vertical blip, and resuming scanning. This is of most concern.(Attachments: StutterBlip and StutterBlip2)

-I noticed my propwash shows really far out in space on the 3d. Like 20-50ft down when I accelerate. Is this common on the spatial relation near the boat on 3D? Are the 3 vertical lines (3 Rev/acceleration pumps) common on the downscan and 2d due to bubbles, vibrations, or is that electrical? (Attachments: Propwash, propwash2)

-I noticed my motor blocks the sidescan. I don't know if I caused it with an angle to transom adjustment (likely), but I can get it out of the way by trimming up some. Kind of a pain. I will have to tweak the angle more and see (Attachment: Putmotordown)

-The perspective of the shoreline on 3D seems far down from the boat. The xducer is parallel to the concrete when on a trailer. Is this something messed up in the angle, settings? I was about 40' off the shoreline on the first picture, and about 20' out on shoreline 2. Kind of falls in line with the propwash depiction though. (Attachment: Shoreline, Shoreline 2)

-Is downscan supposed to be more clear than this? Seems like so from what I've seen on the internet, but this is the best it gets for me (Attachment: DownscanSharpness)

-Does the sidescan typically look like this? (Attachment: SideScanStreaks)

Sorry for the million questions, and thanks for any help you may be able to provide. I will send you screen images with the requested settings once acquired.

Best Regards,
Ian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image - neegra - 07-09-18 08:35 PM