Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image
08-11-18, 08:41 PM
RE: [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image
Hi Tom,

Sorry for the lapse, I have been traveling. Thanks for all the details, it helps me think through the variables as I tinker. It makes perfect sense.

So if I am experiencing acoustic noise due to the engine, what could be done? I would think you suspect noise is transferred via the water rather than the transom, hence the plexi+hook suggestion. Is that due to closeness to engine? Aim? Could a potential issue be that I have to isolate the mounting bracket to prevent vibration through the transom?

The 'revs' were in gear and not in neutral. I will try it in neutral on my next outing to see.

I agree on the turbulent flow past 12 knots. I have peeked over the transom and it's hard to tell where it would work well. It seems like through-hull is the best solution for this. I see you can reverse the starboard/port on the monitor...does anyone ever mount it on the transom and then face it forward under the boat hull? I realize its a higher risk for damage/loss, but it's probably the most laminar flow.

I have re attached the missing pics for reference.

Thanks
Ian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom/RV-100 - Unclear image - neegra - 08-11-18 08:41 PM