Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
08-23-19, 01:54 AM
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
Hello jrf,

If you haven't already done so I'd recommend making sure that your dongle is running the latest firmware: you can do this by installing the Wireless Display app from the Microsoft store on a Windows 10 PC or Windows phone.

Other than that, in my experience most of that sort of intermittent-synchronisation type behaviour comes from a borderline Wifi network bandwidth. If the signal level isn't great then Wifi devices will step between different connection speed levels as the signal level varies, and I suspect that if one of these level changes happens during the negotiation of the wireless display signal then the host (MFD) and client (dongle) can get out of step in what point they think they are in the connection process, leading to these cycles of password-request-and-entry.

I know of no dongle that is more reliable than the Microsoft one, though I have not had any opportunity to test.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-23-19 01:54 AM