Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100
07-29-18, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-18 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100
Hi Stefan,

Quote:I can plug the nmea 2000 cable from the honda engine directly into the eci100
You can't ever directly connect two NMEA2000 / SeatalkNG / CANbus devices. Every NMEA2000 network, no matter how small, always needs a powered, terminated backbone-and-spur network. The SeatalkNG reference manual gives a good overview of what a functional network should look like, regardless of whose brand of electronics is used or whether the connectors and cabling are our SeatalkNG-style or the standard Devicenet type.
If you already have a powered, terminated NMEA2000 network that the engine is connected to, then you can take a Devicenet spur cable off that to the Devicenet (engine-side) of the ECI100, but I don't want to just say yes, you can plug straight in without knowing what cabling you have now.

Quote:two Honda nmea meters Will they still work properley after the eci 100 installation?
If you have a properly powered, terminated network on the Honda side then the addition of the ECI100 won't change anything there, but again, I don't want to just say yes, it will all work without knowing more about your current network.

All this aside, though:
Quote:As the Axiom can not display all engine data I ordered the eci 100
I'm not sure that the ECI100 is the solution you need. Recent Honda engines output NMEA2000 directly (https://marine.honda.com.au/technology), and adding the ECI100 won't add the capability to get more data, it still just outputs the same types of NMEA2000 engine data. It can help with some problems such as incorrect Instance numbers, but if you're getting some data through then it doesn't sound like that's your problem.

What data specifically is it that you're getting and not getting?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-29-18 10:49 PM