Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] [CA11] Low voltage to itc5 for wind speed
06-12-19, 03:44 PM
RE: [CA11] Low voltage to itc5 for wind speed
Terry,

Q1. If I can get it to show radar might it also show other data, i.e. Wind depth, gps,? Or, could a separate gps antenna be connected to the pc?
A1. Other data, i.e. wind, depth, gps, will not be shared via the Ethernet network with a PC running RayTech software when the system features any model of MFD other than an E-Series Classic MFD or C-Series Widescreen MFD. You may want to consider interfacing the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface to the PC to support transmission of wind, depth, and GPS data to the PC.

Q2. Keeping the ssb and sat phone connected to the pc may allow email or text to be sent from the pc?
A2. These are not products offered by Raymarine and we can accordingly not comment on these items.

Q3. Termination plugs - one is at the itc5 and it appears I should add a 'T' with a termination plug at the autopilot ?
A3. Correct

Q4. As for the Seatalk hs backbone cable I'm guessing it is the cable to the e125 mfd?
A4. Negative. As shown within your diagram, the e125 MFD should be interfaced to a spur (white) socket within the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

Q5. Not sure any of this is helping low voltage at itc5?
A5. The problem reported with the iTC-5 voltage issue may be resulting from having incorrectly constructed / powered the SeaTalkng backbone ... hence the reason for requesting the system diagram. Your present diagram is incomplete with regard to the aforementioned backbone cable and termination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Low voltage to itc5 for wind speed - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-12-19 03:44 PM