The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
incompatibility between Lighthouse II and Mercruiser Smartcraft?
04-26-16, 08:42 AM
incompatibility between Lighthouse II and Mercruiser Smartcraft?
I have an e7 that was being replaced due to a broken card reader slot. Because the slot was broken, the software had not been updated in some time and it was running v4.27 with no problems.

I installed a new replacement unit and updated to the latest version, v16.47. However after doing this I now receive a number of transmission errors for both engines upon engine key-on. Oil pressure, Oil temp, Oil level, etc. After clearing them the system operates correctly. The errors only appear on the e7, not the Merc smartcraft display. I tried putting the old unit back in and again everything worked correctly. I called Raymarine tech and was told it was a hardware issue and to send the unit in for repair. Since it was a newly purchased unit I instead returned it for another. Upon installing it I first tired the system with it's existing software version, v14.36 and once again got the same transmission errors. I then went ahead and updated it to v16.47 - still the transmission errors.

I really do not believe this is a hardware issue. I think it more likely there is a software incompatibility between the Merc Smartcraft and Lighthouse II versions. The tech I spoke to on the phone had not heard of anything like this but it still seems the most likely issue.

Currently on the STng network:
VV4 Smartcraft Gatewaty, v0100_E
VV4 MFD, v0100_E
DT200, v1.064,1.0
Gateway can-H Helm1, v2.0.3

Has anybody else seen this problem? I'm sure there is no actual transmission error since both engines would not suddenly throw every possible oil-related error at the same time and the actual Smartcraft display does not show any alarms. Further, since this is a sterndrive boat (SeaRay 310, 5.7 Merc, Bravo III, Axius) I don't think they even monitor some of those parameters which I think is the root cause.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
incompatibility between Lighthouse II and Mercruiser Smartcraft? - zelatore - 04-26-16 08:42 AM