Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A65 Compatability
11-09-18, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-18 03:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] A65 Compatability
Tim,

Q1. Just to clarify, I looking at fitting the long retired A50D...
A1. Noted. My last response was formulated with this knowledge.

Q2. Just so I've got it all right...
- Take the seatalk1 connector from the RC530...
- Connect to a D244 Seatalk1 junction box
- Connect a Seatalk1 to SeatalkNG (yellow?) from the d244 to a network backbone E22158... the A50D then connects to the backbone..
A2. Correctly stated:
- Unplug the SeaTalk Cable from the RC530's SeaTalk socket
- Connect to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block
- Connect the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block
- Connect the other end of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit to the yellow socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter
- Link the A50D's SeaTalkng socket (white) to one of the SeaTalkng sockets (white) of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter using an an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable
- insert one to the supplied SeaTalkng Termination Plugs (blue) into each of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's backbone (blue) sockets.

NOTE: Should this system ever grow to include additional products featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface, then the SeaTalk bus will need to be disconnected from its present source of power and the SeaTalk bus will then powered via the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone (in this small system presently consists of only the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and the A50D MFD) via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. To view more information on this subject, click here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] A65 Compatability - morepower - 09-29-18, 02:06 AM
RE: [CA11] A65 Compatability - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-09-18 03:48 PM