Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Merging old and New
10-18-18, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-19 02:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Merging old and New
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Q1. I want to keep a couple of older ST1 components (depth display and autopilot) and upgrade the rest while maintaining interoperability.
A1. Please list the makes / models of all currently own marine electronics products which you desire to retain for use within the new system.

Q2. I am in the process of replacing the older ST40 depth with the ST50.
A2. ST50 instruments were retired over a decade ago. Is is possible that you meant to specify that the ST40 Depth is being replaced with an i50 Depth or i50 Tridata instrument? If you were correct in indicating that a ST50 instrument was being installed, then please note that they are not compatible with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q3. I'd greatly appreciate any comments on my proposed setup. I've attached an image of it.
A3. With respect to the autopilot, the Type 150 autopilot course computer features a pair of SeaTalk ports. One of these SeaTalk ports will be used to interface the p70R to the autopilot course computer. The second SeaTalk port will be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. When connecting the Type 150 autopilot course computer to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, the red lead of the SeaTalk cable will not be connected to the SeaTalk port's red terminal and should be insulated to prevent shorting.

If the MFD will be exposed to rain or spray when in use, then you may want to consider a MFD with a HybridTouch interface rather than one featuring a touchscreen-only interface. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Other than the points specified above, the diagram looks good.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Merging old and New - mjoplin - 10-17-18, 04:02 PM
RE: [CA11] Merging old and New - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-18-18 12:40 PM