Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Best transducer for Axiom Pro 16 RVX
11-27-18, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-18 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Best transducer for Axiom Pro 16 RVX
Hi Chuck

Thanks so much for your reply. I think I will add a B265 LM 1Kw transducer directly to my axiom pro (in the second plug on the back). This means I should have a low and medium Hz transducer added to my already existing high Hz RV transducer.

From everything I have read in your prior posts there doesn't seem to be a reason to purchase the CP470 unless I actually plan on upping my wattage to a 2kw transducer.

Right now I am unable to get a good bottom reading (although the bottom contour is present) with my RV axiom pro when I am in depths around 200ft or deeper. Do you think adding this additional 1kw transducer directly into the back of the unit will create a significant advantage over the existing RV transducer when it comes to seeing the bottom? My other option would be to add a 2kw transducer with a CP450 but would that be overkill if I only need to see about 500-600 feet down?

Any advice you can pass along would be great.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Best transducer for Axiom Pro 16 RVX - Bobjamieson - 11-27-18 09:41 PM