Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Button lighting on Axiom Pro
11-27-19, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-19 11:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] Button lighting on Axiom Pro
I have an eS98 MFD at the inside nav station and an Axiom Pro9 in the cockpit. Both have been updated with the latest Lighthouse 3.11 software. The backlighting for the buttons has never been effective ahen the display is dimmed for night use. I need to use a red LED head light to see the controls!!! I checked the operation of the backlight on the eS98 MFD, which is below at the nav station. I could see that the brightness of the red light dimmed as the display was dimmed. Interestingly, the red light turns off when the brightness is set to maximum, which makes sense: the need for backlighting decreases as the ambient light increases. As per previous comments, the backlighting level should actually increase as the display is dimmed, or perhaps just stay at a constant level so that it is effective at night. I also checked the Axiom Pro 9 which is in the cockpit, but the ambient light level made it impossible to see if the red backlight was on. I know that the backlighting is ineffective with the display dimmed at night on my Axiom Pro. I really hope that this is correctable with a software update and is not a function of the hardware.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] Button lighting on Axiom Pro - Chris.au - 11-27-19 05:24 AM