Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
12-05-18, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-18 10:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Doug,

Q1) how can i gain this functionality? Can I add a CP-100 for DV and possibly an additional Chirp channel?
A1) Should an Axiom 7 RV MFD have been purchased, then Y-Cable would be installed to permit both a RV-100 transducer and the 50kHz/200kHz transducer which had been directly mated to the DSM25 to instead be mated to the Axiom RV MFD. With this combination alone, the system would support RealVision 3D, SideVision, DownVision, 200kHz, and 50kHz sonar imaging, including simultaneously supporting these types of sonar imaging up to the number of application panes supported by the MFD. Should low power high frequency CHIRP conical sonar imaging also be desired, then the MFD may indeed be interfaced to a CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module which in turn has been interfaced to a CPT-S transducer. When so interfaced, the Axiom 7 RV MFD would support RealVision 3D, SideVision, DownVision, 200kHz, 50kHz, and low power high frequency CHIRP conical sonar imaging, including simultaneously supporting these types of sonar imaging up to the number of application panes supported by the MFD.

Q2) how would I network this and which cables do I need?
A2) The Axiom 7 RV MFD would be interfaced to the CP100 via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q3) are any functionalities disabled by this networking?
A3) Negative.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-05-18 02:04 PM