Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
12-10-18, 10:24 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
Doug,

Q1. I plan to use the “Network” plug to connect a Converter to acquire a NMEA 0183 output for a VHF radio....and in the future.... allow for adding an AIS 650 and CP-370
A1. The AIS650 and CP370 utilize different types of communications from one another. As you have suggested, the AIS650 will be interfaced to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which in this case features an E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit. Please note that the AIS650 is not designed to be powered by the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, but instead will be powered via the Power/NMEA 0183/Silent Mode Cable included within the AIS650's package. The CP370 does not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. The CP370 features an Ethernet communications interface, permitting it to be interfaced to the MFD's Ethernet communications interface or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Like the AIS650, the CP370 is not designed to be powered via its communications interface. Instead, it is designed to be powered via the Power Cable included within the CP370's package.

Q2. I plan to use the “Power NMEA 2000” plug to connect to a small NMEA network where I have only an input from a Suzuki DF250 and output to a C-10 multifunction gauge.

The small NMEA 2000 network has 12v power applied. Do i need to add 12v power to the “Network” side of the wiring...or will the “Network” acquire power from the NMEA 2000 side?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the supported means for interfacing engines to Raymarine products. As I understand it, the C-10 acts to some degree as an engine gateway for Suzuki engines. As a single backbone will be installed to interface the C-10, engine, and marine electronics, only one power insertion spur should be installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-10-18 10:24 AM