Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
12-26-18, 01:20 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
Doug,

Q1. I would use a RayNet Ethernet type cable to interface directly from the CP370 to Axiom 7RV unit. I do not have a network switch at this time.
A1. Should the Axiom 7 RV MFD's Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket not be in use, then the CP370 would simply be interfaced to the MFD's Ethernet Network socket via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2. I can and should directly connect my existing B744V transducer to the CP370...without a need for any adapters? Per our earlier exchange we confirmed my older version of the B744V did physically fit the old DSM25 without need for any kind of adapter....
A2. Negative. Any chance of adapting the currently installed B744V would require an A-Series to CP370 Adapter to be mated to the adapter which had been used for the DSM25 ... these are no longer offered by Raymarine ... you may want to check with Gemeco to determine whether Airmar, Inc. still offers these.

Q3. I directly power with 12vdc the CP370
A3. The CP370 is designed to be powered from a switched 12VDC or 24VDC power circuit.

Q4. I remove the previously installed Y-cable that joined the RV100 and older B744V transducers and directly connect the RV100 to the Axiom7RV
A4. Correct.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-26-18 01:20 PM