Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
12-26-18, 01:54 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality
Q1. Regarding the connection of the “old style” pre-2009 B744V transducer cable I found buried on the Airmar website a reference to an adapter cable 33-562-01 which “may” allow me to connect the 7-pin old B744V transducer cable to the new CP370. Is this correct?
A1. As you may recall, it was previously specified that your transducer was not designed to be directly mated to a DSM25. It was designed for an earlier model of transducer and had been adapted to be mated to the DSM25. Any such possible use with a CP370 or with an Axiom RV MFD (via Y-Cable) would require double adaptation (i.e. use of the existing adapter and Y-Cable or adapter to make it compatible with the CP370). It is recommended that Gemeco (Airmar's US distributor) be contacted with your transducer's product ID and that you request them to identify whether they offer a transducer adapter cable to adapt your transducer for use with a CP370. As has been specified previously, Raymarine no longer offers adapters to adapt A-Series style transducers (i.e. transducers which had been designed to be directly (no adaptation) to the transducer socket of a DSM30, A50D, A57D, A70D, or az7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD) to be mated to a CP370. Such adapters were dropped from Raymarine's accessories ... in part due to performance issues ... hence our reluctance to endorse / guarantee continued use to this transducer with either the Axiom RV MFD's Y-Cable or CP370.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 RV added functionality - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-26-18 01:54 PM