Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] axiom track to route conversion ?
02-05-19, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-19 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] axiom track to route conversion ?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Greg,

Q. However when i use axiom to "convert track to route".. thats where i get the ~64nm route only. track has approx 2200 waypoints (as reported by axiom) - so its well under the 10,000 waypoint limit for a route (per axiom manual).
A. This is an incorrect statement. While the maximum number of points per track is ten thousand, the maximum number of waypoints per route is actually 500. Should you display the track and route simultaneously within the Chart application and then range well in near the route's last point, you will find that the track is not continuous and is actually comprised of three or more segments which are not joined to one another. The created route terminates in the area where the first so these tracks segments ends. If I were to guess, this may be the area of an anchorage where the equipment may have been switched OFF. Each time that the equipment was then switched on again, a new segment of the track appears to have then been initiated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] axiom track to route conversion ? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-05-19 11:06 AM