The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting i60 to SeaTalkng
02-02-19, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting i60 to SeaTalkng
I am planning to upgrade my SeaTalk network to SeaTalkng and use the iTC-5 for the transducers. Later I will gradually replace the old ST60 and want to avoid doing difficult cabling to the displays multiple times.

The cables from the backbone and the area where the i60 and ST60 are located are very hard to wire. The space where the instruments are located are also very limited. Due to this I would like to avoid running cables multiple times when I gradually replace the ST60. I will aslo have a hard time to fit the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter kit at the area of the instruments.

The i60 can be connected to both ST ng and ST, when using the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng adaptor cables.

Q: Can I connect the i60 to a SeaTalkng network and from the i60 connect the ST60 using SeaTalk cables?

Attaching a simplified drawing, not showing the other devices such as MFD, AIS, radar, autopilot etc. Or how I plan to power the SeaTalkng network.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  i60.pdf (Size: 1.46 MB / Downloads: 208)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Connecting i60 to SeaTalkng - JonasE - 02-02-19 07:11 PM