Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
03-11-19, 09:43 AM
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
Scott,

Q1. The only leads I see on the VHF are RED (NMEA IN) and WHITE (NMEA OUT). Is this where the RED/YELLOW wires from the E70196 attach?
A1. As shown within the VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit's instructions, the kit's NMEA 0183 OUT+ / ve+ lead will be interfaced to the VHF radio's NMEA 0183 IN+ lead. Should the VHF radio not feature a dedicated NMEA 0183 IN- / ve- lead, then the STng Converter Kit's instructions, the kit's NMEA 0183 OUT- / ve- lead will be interfaced to the VHF radio's negative power lead, which will additionally be interfaced to battery negative. The VHF radio's NMEA 0183 OUT+ will not be used.

Q2. What is best practice when having two Axiom displays for GPS. I turned the GPS off on the display in the cabin since I figured the GPS would work better from the one at the helm. Is this correct or is there a better wa
A2. This is a completely acceptable configuration of the equipment ... particularly if the surrounding structure will adversely affect the GPS satellite signal level to MFD installed within the cabin. In installations where more than GPS data source is available to the system, the Data Sources feature of an i70, p70S/p70RS/p70/p70R or MFD may be used to select the GPS, Date/Time, and Datum source having the best GPS reception performance. The selected source will be that which will be used by the entire Raymarine system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-11-19 09:43 AM