Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom Pro 9 Livemapping Issues
04-21-20, 11:30 PM
RE: [TG11] Axiom Pro 9 Livemapping Issues
Hello Randy,

There are two different features that we're talking about here. Both can cause the display to slow down in its operation if there's enough data (as enough data to handle at once will slow down any computer system), but the data required to cause a significant slowdown is pretty large in each case.

Sonar Logging is enabled by default. Sonar Logs are not visible but are used to refine the contour data in Navionics charts when uploaded to Navionics. I believe that sonar logs are automatically cleaned from the card once uploaded. If sonar logs are being uploaded to Navionics but not incorporated into future chart updates then that's something that would need to be taken up with Navionics, but in our experience uploading logs from this office's staff members' own personal boating (anonymous, no special service) is that they tend to be available in chart updates pretty quickly.
There's no benefit at all to logging sonar data and not uploading, so I would advise people to keep logging enabled but upload regularly and they should see no problems. Or disable logging if they don't want to upload.

SonarCharts Live is the live personal bathymetry/contour generation that the OP was asking about. SCL does not slow down the operation of other parts of the display/chart, but can take a while to load tile-by-tile when there is a very large amount of data.

If you feel that uploading to Navionics and then downloading an improved chart doesn't work for you, the data in question is stored in the folder \Navionic\UserData on your chart card. The Sonar Logs are a series of .SDF files in that location, and the SonarChart Live data is in the lsdCache subdirectory I believe. I wouldn't recommend deleting from the Navionics card in the first instance, but renaming files or folders (e.g. from lsdCache to lsdCache.bak should be a safe thing to do.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom Pro 9 Livemapping Issues - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-21-20 11:30 PM