Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Network Setup/LEMS
03-27-19, 08:23 AM
RE: [CA11] Network Setup/LEMS
Sadey,

Q1. To clarify, the backbone is powered from a 10amp breaker to the power cable supplied with and attached to the ITC5. Everything powers up so I assume that this is okay?
A1. If the backbone is being powered from a 10A breaker, then a 5A inline fuse should be installed inline with the SeaTalkng Power Cable to prevent supplying too much power to the backbone.

Q2. I don’t have the room anywhere for more instruments so should I disconnect the old speed wheel and depth ducer?
A2. You may want to consider burying an i70S/i70 Multifunction Instrument Display (MFID) somewhere onboard. Once speed has been calibrated, and any depth offset has been configured, it would not generally be necessary to access the MFID again unless changing one of these items. The speed through water data (when properly calibrated) provided by the speed transducer can maximize an Evolution autopilot's performance, particularly when operating a slow speeds and/or when subjected to leeway (current and wind).

Q3. Then use the chirp transducer only that is connected to the ES128?
A3. While this is certainly an option, having a second source of depth data onboard the vessel provides a level of redundancy and under certain conditions (most notably operation at planing speeds), the analog depth transducer may be able to provide better depth information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Network Setup/LEMS - Sadey - 03-25-19, 07:00 AM
RE: [CA11] Network Setup/LEMS - Sadey - 03-26-19, 06:15 PM
RE: [CA11] Network Setup/LEMS - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-27-19 08:23 AM
RE: [CA11] Network Setup/LEMS - Sadey - 03-28-19, 06:22 AM