The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] autopilot oscillates back and forth
04-08-19, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 03:39 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] autopilot oscillates back and forth
The short subject line is the ultimate problem I am trying to troubleshoot, however I have encountered several other issues in the process. I have an E120 & E80 connected via Seatalk hs. I also have 3-ST60+ daisy chained displays connected via a spliced spur cable/seatalk cable to the Seatalkng converters yellow port, currently the E120 is connected to the instruments through the last ST60+ and the MFD's Seatalk port. The P70 is connected via a backbone cable and 'T' connector to the converter. The EV1 and ACU400 are connected directly to the converter via spur cables. I also have a RS130 GPS connected to the network with a 't' connector and spur cable and a rudder ref unit connected to the ACU. The autopilot system worked fine for about 4 days after I purchased the boat and then the oscillations started.

I have read 100's of the previous posts and the first step always seems to be to update the software in the autopilot system and MFD's. This is where the first problem occurs. The MFD's updated just fine, but the master MFD is not recognizing any of the autopilot instruments and does not populate any of the fields when I choose the update for a particular instrument (P70, ACU400, EV1).

I read in another post that the MFD should be connected to the Seatalkng network with an adapter cable into the Seatalk2 port and the ST60+ should not be connected to the MFD directly. I purchased another 'T' connector, backbone cable and adapter cable to try that, now the MFD in diagnostics does not recognize any instruments, however all of the instruments appear to be working correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached File(s)
.html  Interfacing a Raystar 130_150 GPS Sensor to an E-Series Classic MFD (E80, E120).html (Size: 57.79 KB / Downloads: 248)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] autopilot oscillates back and forth - Kmac - 04-08-19 10:34 AM