Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Linear Drive "Fluttering" when turning to Port
05-12-19, 06:45 PM
RE: [TG11] Linear Drive "Fluttering" when turning to Port
Hello Bob,

The rudder bar on the display is designed to show a specific (numerical) rudder angle, e.g. 25 degrees port, rather than scaling to your boat's range. The software of the display sets the upper limit for displayed rudder angle in the bar at 30 degrees either side, which covers the majority of boats. If your boat has more than 30 degrees of movement either side then that simply can't be displayed by the pilot controller.

The pilot has a software setting, Rudder Limits, which controls the maximum range of motion that it will try to drive to when Auto/Track/Vane/Power-Steer modes. This defaults to 30 degrees but should be calibrated at installation to match your boat, and should be set - as it sounds like yours is - to a few degrees narrower/before the physical end-stops. This is to prevent the pilot driving up against the physical end-stops and stalling and perhaps damaging stuff. I mention this just for completeness.

I'm glad to hear the new rudder reference has solved the problem.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Linear Drive "Fluttering" when turning to Port - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-12-19 06:45 PM