Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument
06-06-19, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-19 01:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument
robo,

Q1. How about I simply add the quantum hd color radar to my system. Would it work with the e120?
A1. Unfortunately, the E-Series Classic MFDs (E80/E120), introduced 15 years ago, are not compatible with Quantum and Quantum 2 radomes. Installation of a Quantum or Quantum 2 radome would require that the E-Series Classic MFD be replaced. Of Raymarine's currently manufactured radomes, only the HD Color Radomes are compatible with E-Series Classic MFDs ... they are also compatible with Axiom MFDs should you desire to update the system incrementally.

Q2. I would still need the hs5 hub as I have it networked to my laptop with the raymarine software.
Q2. RayTech software likewise would not be compatible with either the Quantum/Quantum II radomes and should not be interfaced to an Ethernet network which features any MFDs other than the long retired E-Series Classic and C-Series Widescreen MFDs. While it would be possible to interface a PC running RayTech software to the SeaTalk bus via the long retired E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 interface module (other other means simulating a virtual COM port) to monitor instrument, GPS, and navigational data, no cartography, radar, fishfinder, or satellite weather data will be shared with computer. With Axiom MFDs, the MFD may be remotely viewed / controlled from Andriod or iPad tablets running Raymarine's RayControl Mobile app.

Q3. Also I would add the sirrius 200 to it.
A3. I had seen those items within your diagram and they were shown to be correctly interfaced to the system if it were to feature an Axiom MFD. However, the SR200 is also not compatible with E-Series Classic MFDs.

Q4. Maybe even the ais 700 as well.
A4. Should the E-Series Classic MFD not be replaced, then an AIS700 may be installed. However, it would need to be interfaced to the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface rather than the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone as is shown within your diagram.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-06-19 01:18 PM