Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument
06-07-19, 08:11 AM
RE: [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument
Robo,

Q1. what if i was to simply add a HD Color Radome to the e120 classic. where and how would it plug in and be powered?
A1. Like all currently manufactured radomes and open array pedestals, they are designed to be powered from a dedicated switched 12VDC or 24VDC power circuit which will be connected to the power leads of the Quantum or Digital Radar Cable which will be installed.

Q2a. if i do get the axiom 12 and keep the old autopilot .would the " Actisense NMEA0183 to Sea Talk NG Gateway "be the correct interface?
A2a. Yes. More specifically, the Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG.

Q2b. the actisence would go from the A06064 hub to the control unit?
A2b. You may either connect the NMEA 0183 output leads of the Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG to the NMEA 0183 input terminals of the autopilot control head or those of the ST4000.

Q2c. then the autopilot control head would hook into the computer as well?
A2c. Yes ... via an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable

Q2d. which inputs of the unit would i use?
A2d. See the response to Q2b.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-07-19 08:11 AM