Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument
05-15-20, 02:06 PM
RE: [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument
Hello robo,

Q1-you recomended using the nmea 183 not seatalk for the autopilot to connect to the ng network and recomended the Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG can i use the nmea 0183 to seatalkng converter hub?(one yellow two whites two blues)
A1-No, the NMEA to Seatalk converter hub is only one way(tx), it would transmit gps data to the pilot(which it does not use), it is not opto isolated which the NGW-1-ISO is, and it was not designed for that purpose.

Q2-Also when these 3 types of networks are connected Where should they get their power? the ng hub will be hooked up to an axiom 12. does it get power there?
A2-Please refer to the schematic in the first post. The seatalk gets its own power. The STNG also gets its own power and the HS5 gets its own power.

Q3-My AIS700 will also be hooked to the ng . does it get power there or does it need it's own power supply?
A3-The AIS700 needs to be powered separate. It actually uses its STNG port for comms only.

Q4-If so mine is 20 years old, should i get a new one? Your AR200 is a GPS unit along with its other features. The Axiom internal would be the secondary GPS.
A4-You would not need the 20 year old unit any more.

Q5-Does the camera need additional power?
A5- yes, the camera needs to be powered from its own power connections or a Power over ethernet box. Given the extra cost of a POE I would recommend connecting power to the connections on the Cam 210.

Best regards,

Chris,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] building updated system for axiom 12 leaving the existing seatalk instrument - Chris - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-15-20 02:06 PM