Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
06-21-19, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-19 01:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
I have a similar problem on a system with 3 X I70's, an e95, a P70 and instead of an ITC-5 I have an SR6 and an SPX30. When the wind exceeds 10-15 knots the wind speed often becomes erratic - sometimes showing 60-90 knots. Usually this happens 30-60 minutes into a sail. Then it will calm down for a few minutes and then go up again. I have installed the most recent software and tried reseting one of the I70's. I checked voltages at the pod and red to bare was consistently 7.92 volts at the dock - yellow or green to bare show 3 or 5 volts depending on wind speed and direction, and blue to bare was consistently 1.97 volts. Also I checked continuity and B tp G was 35 ohms on a 200000 ohm setting, Y to G 75 and B to Y 63 - all on 200,000 ohm settings so I don't think there is a short in the mast wire. Finally, I had sent the transponder and pod back to Ray marine and it came back as passed. I'm at a loss as to what to do next - - One hint of potential problem is when the I70 is in a state of showing normal speeds after having shown erratic readings, engaging the autopilot seems to drive the I70 into an erratic state. The boat speed and depth are never impacted. Do you have suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind - sogin - 06-21-19 01:15 PM