Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
07-03-19, 03:29 PM
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
Hi Sogin and Derek,

Last week I went by the boat yard who installed the instruments and they exchanged the mast top wind unit with one that worked on a different boat and that one worked. Voltages measured with the multi meter were also clearly higher, between 1.5 and 1.9 volt, so not yet the 2.5-6 volt but clearly different. And as the wind values seemed clearly more reliable, the mast top unit was exchanged multiple times with our problematic one, it was clear the mast top unit was the problem.

So they did send us along the dealer in a nearby town (we could lend the car of the yard owner) and the unit was exchange under warranty with a new one. After installing that it gave the same higher voltages in the 1.5-1.9 range but I suppose that is a multi meter issue.

Now we are experiencing a fine wind meter again with wind values that seem to be according what we experience. ;-)

Unfortunately the AIS 700 unit stopped working but that is something for a different thread, at the moment I am upgrading all network component to the latest software versions to check whether that helps.

Derek, thanks a lot for your help as the voltage measurement helped to indicate the cable of the mast top unit itself was the problem.

Best Regards,
Kees.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind - koskam - 07-03-19 03:29 PM