Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
07-04-19, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-19 10:23 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
We solved the problem late last week by purchasing a new ITC-5 to replace the wind pod and we now have normal windspeed on our displays. However I'm not sure the wind pod replacement actually explains our success. During the replacement process I realized that the mast head wire connection - especially for the ground - was not as tight as one would like. I used a pliers to squeeze together the spade connector resulting in a tighter connector. I think this makes sense because each year when the mast is taken down the yard has to disconnect the system from the wind pad (now the ITC-5) and I suspect after 5 or 6 years the spade connectors had become slightly distorted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind - sogin - 07-04-19 08:26 AM