Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV200 compatibility with Garmin 7610xsv
05-29-16, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-16 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: EV200 compatibility with Garmin 7610xsv
Ok so...I checked everything you suggested and I had all hooked up correctly I believe, as I tried getting the system to "track" using some different methods, and it worked! The system WILL track a course provided that I start navigation from a "chart" screen (not a "combo" screen). It will also follow a route provided I initiate navigation from a "chart" screen, and provided I click "ok" at each turn manually (Is this normal, i.e., for safety purposes, or, should the system automatically make turns without input from the operator?). It will NOT track if I attempt to initiate navigation from any combo screen, and it will not track one of the Garmin "auto guidance" routes. Again, is this normal, and is it just a matter of me getting used to how to operate the system, with limitations due to compatibility between Raymarine and Garmin? Or...should I be able to initiate navigation from other than "chart only" screens, and should I be able to track an "auto guidance" route?

Thanks again for your assistance! Getting there, but this is my first AP and there's a learning curve for sure!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EV200 compatibility with Garmin 7610xsv - esveden - 05-29-16 12:41 PM