Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page
12-22-19, 11:08 PM
RE: [TG11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page
Ok.

Unfortunately the ST1-STNG convertor doesn't pass satellite status information through to ST1 so we won't be able to see the satellites in view and signal levels on the E-series. If you were able to beg/borrow/steal a more modern STNG-compatible chartplotter than can show the satellite status that would give us a lot more options for diagnosis.

Since I posted my original reply to you I've written this FAQ to collate potential problems I know of and troubleshooting info. I'd suggest having a read through this. I am 100% confident in the RS150, where it has:
1. a low-noise environment
2. a clear view of the sky
Any GPS position errors I've ever seen on one of these GPS receivers has been down to one or other of the above, or something like another (poorer) GPS receiver in the system taking precedence.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-22-19 11:08 PM