Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat.
08-23-19, 11:02 AM
RE: [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Calvin,

Generally, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would be recommended for use in adapter older Raymarine electronics for use with currently manufactured Raymarine products. However, while ST50+, ST60, and ST60+ instruments are supported for use the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, the same is not so for ST50 and ST30 instruments. Speed/temp transducers designed for use with ST50 instruments may be use with i50 instruments. Unfortunately, ST50 wind transducers are not compatible with currently manufactured Raymarine instrument products. It would accordingly be recommended that
- the currently installed masthead transducer be replaced with Raymarine's currently manufactured masthead wind transducer,
- the ST50 Wind instrument be replaced with an i60 Wind instrument
- the ST50 Speed instrument be replace with an i50 Speed instrument
- that the ST60 Depth instrument be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which will form a portion of a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the i60 Wind instrument, i50 Speed instrument, and Axiom MFD will each be interfaced as individual spurs.

The system specified above will permit data from the aforementioned instruments to be displayed on and utilized by the MFD in support of its wind and STW dependent features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-23-19 11:02 AM