Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat.
08-24-19, 10:51 AM
RE: [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat.
I was afraid of that. Think my plan will be to leave the old instruments in place, install the Axiom 9 as a stand unit. Then add i series instruments to the backbone later as I get them. Eventually swapping out the old gear for a newer system on SeatalkNG. In the meantime I'll essentially have two networks, one old one new.

This leaves me with one additional question. The Axiom has both the SeatalkNG connector and a stand alone/dedicated power line. Meanwhile the SeatalkNG backbone has its own power connector. This leaves me with two questions:

1) Can I run the Axiom9 at the pedestal with just a power connection and no network connection - e.g. the Axiom has its dedicated power line wired to the main panel but the SeatalkNG connection is not connected to a SeatalkNG backbone with its associated power.

2)Once I get an i series instrument and setup my SeatalkNG backbone with the instrument and the Axiom, will the Axiom draw power from the SeatalkNG backbone or will it still require its dedicated power source? Does it need both?

Thanks. This forum and the associated resources have made it much easier to decide what to do and its bit part of why I'll be going with Raymarine on the new boat moving forward.

Thx...

Calvin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Electronics update on Sailboat. - calvink69 - 08-24-19 10:51 AM