The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Wind instrument reads low
08-29-19, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-19 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Wind instrument reads low
I have a networked system, C80 Classic, SPX-5 autopilot and an ST6001 control head connected via the STng converter. I also have Raymarine instruments for depth and speed, a nmea 0183 instrument for wind, SR-50 weather, etc. The C80 is connected via both Seatalk 2 and Seatalk 1. The wind instrument feeds nmea 0183 data directly to the autopilot and it is displayed correctly on the C80 and the ST6001 head.

If I connect my ST60+ wind instrument (want to use it as a repeater) it show very low wind speed. If I disconnect the Seatalk 2 from the back of the C80 the wind instrument displays correct wind speed and is in sync with the data on the C80. As soon as I reconnect the Seatalk 2, the wind display slows down (i.e. showing wind speed betwee 0 and 1 knot when the actual speed is 8-9 knots.

What could be the problem? I would like to keep the Seatalk 2 connection to the C80 because this way I get fast heading from the autopilot, the remote keypad and Sirius weather. However, I also like to have wind displayed on the instrument. Should I get rid of the NASA nmea wind sensor and go back to a Raymarine sensor?

Thank you for your help.

p.s. There has always been a good discussion on what nmea 2000 data the old C80 understands. I can now confirm that the C80 understands heading, wind, depth and speed. It can also control the autopilot. I believe it also understands GPS position info but I have not tested it yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Wind instrument reads low - vshtonov - 08-29-19 09:25 PM