Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] e127/ B744 can't see fish
09-09-19, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-19 03:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] e127/ B744 can't see fish
Hello Captain Starbucks,

Since you don't seem to have had any answers to your question, I'll see if I can help (I'm in Australia so don't know the boat/location.)

For a sounder to perform well it needs a good 'signal-to-noise ratio', that is a loud echo signal relative to the background noise level. Poor performance results when the signal is weak or the background noise is strong (loud.)

I've put a lot of background info and some diagnostic test information on this page. I'd suggest having a read through this, taking some diagnostic images as I describe there, and then posting them back here so that I can have a look and see whether you have weak signal, high noise or a combination of the two. Then we'll be able to look at how to tackle the problem.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] e127/ B744 can't see fish - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-09-19 02:08 AM