Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] SPX-5 Virtual Rudder Indicator Shows Rudder Hard Over
01-11-20, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-20 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] SPX-5 Virtual Rudder Indicator Shows Rudder Hard Over
Hi Tom,
Sorry for my delayed response. I lost track of my posting and didn't check back for your response.

I can definitely hear the drive motor working when the pilot is in auto mode and the wheel is turning.

Yes, there is voltage at the drive motor feed at the terminals on the course computer although it was a while ago when I tested and I don't recall the values.

Based on my several years experience with the autopilot, the wheel drive motor sounds like it is trying to keep a course making small corrections to port and starboard several times per minute, however, as described above, the boat falls off course fairly quickly until the virtual rudder display shows the rudder hard over (it isn't) at which time the pilot stops commanding any movement of the wheel drive and the boat continues to fall off course until the "off course" alarm sounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] SPX-5 Virtual Rudder Indicator Shows Rudder Hard Over - spencerdd - 01-11-20 12:31 PM