Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] SPX-5 Virtual Rudder Indicator Shows Rudder Hard Over
01-13-20, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-20 11:14 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] SPX-5 Virtual Rudder Indicator Shows Rudder Hard Over
Hello Dave,

Ok. Maybe let's start from scratch to avoid any further misunderstandings.

I've not come across any SPX pilots (or any pilot, for that matter) which had reasonable data in (heading, rudder, waypoint data etc.) and which were making course correction drive movements out but where the drive movements didn't relate to that incoming sensor data. No drive movements, or drive movement only one way yes, but not the sort of small back-and-forth movement that it sounds like you're seeing. What this says to me then is either that there's something I'm not seeing clearly about what the pilot's doing, or the incoming sensor data is wrong.

You are using the pilot in Auto, correct, not steering to waypoint data in Track mode or in windwave mode?
Do you have another display connected on which you can display current heading (as opposed to the pilot's Locked Heading)?
When the pilot is in Standby, how does the heading appear? If you steer by hand in a slow circle, what happens with the indicated heading in the pilot? Does it change smoothly and evenly and keep pace with your turn, or does it ever appear to stuck, jump, drift or doing anything else unexpected?
Perhaps you could send me a video of what's happening, showing (hopefully all at the same time, in decent resolution and with the camera nice and steady) the pilot display, the wheel and the horizon so I can see what's changing when?

There is a pilot reset option, the last value in Dealer Calibration.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] SPX-5 Virtual Rudder Indicator Shows Rudder Hard Over - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-13-20 11:06 PM